I love this stroller! We got a lot of hand me downs and loved them. This is one of the few things I really wanted that would have to be new. (They weren’t available used yet. They are now.)
Here are the things I love about it:
- One hand steering: It is so maneuverable. Front wheel locks so dad can take it running, and when unlocked pivots for easy maneuvering. I can duck in and out of antique shops with a coffee in one hand and never have a problem.
- One hand opening and closing: There is a single strap that runs across the seat. If you lift it by that it folds flat. If you pick it up by the handle and flip it up, it is open and ready to go.
- Weight: It is only 17 pounds.
- Lock: For travel and longer term storage, there is a very simple lock on the side to keep the stroller in the folded position.
- Cleaning: The whole fabric structure of the stroller can be easily unsnapped and tossed into the washer and dryer. We have done so many times and it always goes back together with ease.
- Storage: There is a very roomy bin underneath which in the beginning I used to store 'Buddy's' oxygen tank, lately it is more likely to hold groceries or toys.
- Positions: I love that it lays flat for naps and changing diapers. The one downfall is that it doesn’t sit completely upright. When ‘Buddy’ was little and particularly low tone I put a foam wedge covered by a flannel receiving blanket in it and fed the straps through to help him sit up more.
Had ‘Buddy’ been a typical child, this stroller would have been all we needed. Alas, we still need it and he is growing taller. He still fits at 33lbs and 37.5”, but I am on the lookout for a larger version. I will let you know when I find it. I have to say, this one will be a tough act to follow.